Sydney fish market, which is short for SFM, is a largest seafood market in the southern part of Australia and also the third largest one in its field in the world. Each day, it holds around 50-55 tonnes of all kinds of seafood which benefits over buyers worldwide. In this market, you will have a great choice of seafood as there’s an incredible variety which comes from fishing companies, aquaculture farms as well as individual fishermen in Australia and countries nearby.
Arrangements of the tour
1. Train guides in Sydney fish market will show you all the scenes of the market
2. Have an overall knowledge of the history of Sydney fish market
3. Learn how the Dutch auction and buying system works in this market
4. Explore the auction floor and view all the species of seafood
5. Have a wonderful shopping in the market
Duration and available order time
1. Duration: around 2 hours. Begins at 6:40am and ends at around 8:30
2. Tours are accepted on Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday (Public holidays, like Christmas and New Year are excluded).
Costs for adult and children
1. For adult $35 per person
2. For children $10 per child from 10-16 years old. (For safety concerns, the minimum age accepted is 10 years old.
1. For health and safety concerns, all visitors to Sydney fish market must wear enclosed shoes.
2. The tours are limited (12 visitors per guide) and it is a must to book in advance.
3. Please note that photo and video are strictly forbidden in Sydney fish market.